DIY Paper Vase Favor Bags
Looking for a great way to say Thank You to your guests? Why not take the time to package up some goodies up in the bags above to pass out as affordable, wedding favors. Prefer to take the paper idea and create something on a smaller scale? Try the inexpensive, wedding place cards idea below.
• mini artificial flowers
1. Using a pair of nice sharp pliers, cut the tops off of 4 or 5 miniature artificial flowers so that they are approximately 1.5″ long.
2. Bundle flowers together and wrap with a small piece of tape (floral tape or any old masking tape will work well for this)
3. Tape flower bundle down to paper bag, centered and approximately 1″ from the bottom
4. Using template, trace shape for vase onto backside of the patterned decorative paper and cut out
5. Fold under edges approximately 1/8″ and run a bead of glue along both tabs.6. Press firmly in place onto bag over flowers. I found it easiest to hold and secure one side for a few seconds and to then press the other side down.
7. Cut a piece of 8.5″ x 11″ solid color cardstock into 1″ strips. Fold strips in half and using scissors, snip a notch at the folded end to form two paper flags. Write your message onto the flag, fill bag with contents, fold top of bag down 1/2″ onto itself 3 times and clip flag onto the front using a miniature clothespin.
Your cost will vary depending on how many of the supplies you already have on hand, and how many bridesmaids you have, but these favor bags shouldn’t run you more than $10-$15 total.